Sloping Garden Design Tips and IdeasApril 27, 2022
Hilly properties can be quite beautiful and compelling with their spectacular views from lofty heights. Their rolling terrain often highlights certain characteristics of the home architecture surrounding them. These hillside properties are actually considered quite desirable due to the amazing view and charming qualities. These properties are also ideal for creating elegant terraced hillside gardens.
Beautiful Sloping Garden Design Tips and Ideas
Some tips and ideas for creating your own stunning sloping garden on your hilly home property include the following:
• Create Tiered Garden Flower Beds. You can create tiered beds for climbing green vines and brightly coloured garden flowers. This allows you to be artistic, combining and layering plants of different varieties and sizes. These tiered gardens may be bordered with natural stones, bricks or seashells. They help slow down the progress of land erosion and general depletion of the natural soil.
• Design a Stepping Stone Pathway. In your lush natural green gardens, design and create a stepping stone pathway made of vintage stones from the surrounding areas. This pathway made of separate stepping stones is both charming and practical. Especially in wet weather, these stones can be a welcome way of getting around your sloping garden areas.
• Build a Natural Stone Stairway. By building a rustic stairway made of large natural stones from your region, you are celebrating nature in your sloping garden and your creative vision. These rugged yet beautiful stairs will add some aesthetic qualities to your overall garden design.
• Build a Garden Waterfall. In the steepest part of your sloping garden terrain, construct a natural waterfall using stones, bricks or branches fastened together. With the use of a simple pump and a pool that you dig in the ground, you can channel and cycle water through your waterfall design, creating a constant flow of water that looks like a natural waterfall.
• Construct a Retaining Wall. You can construct a natural stone retaining wall on a section of your sloping garden to hold the soil and vegetation in place. This type of hardscaping is attractive in gardens, especially when the wall is built from natural stone that is common to your surrounding area.
You can attract attention to your new wall by designating areas directly above and below this handsome, rugged structure as planting areas for nurturing a variety of colourful flowering plants.
When you consult our experts at Tuckerman Landscaping and Design located in North Coburg, you will obtain excellent comprehensive advice and plans for creating your vision of a beautiful sloping garden design.
Our experienced team will guide you in selecting the ideal designs, and materials and the assistance of landscaping and hardscaping professionals to create your own unique sloping garden retreat. Your hilly home property will become a true sloping garden haven to be enjoyed by family, friends and passersby.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO